WHO WE ARE
For over thirty years, the Central City Police Boosters organization has served as a liaison between the downtown community and the Los Angeles Police Department. The goal of our efforts is to foster safer neighborhoods in which to live and work, while nurturing the relationship between LAPD personnel and members of the business and residential community.
WHAT WE DO
- Holiday Toy Drive
- Host a movie day for local, public elementary schools
- National Night Out
- Produce crime prevention materials for educational campaigns
- Support for LAPD Cadet Program
- Produce community events to strengthen relationships between officers, residents, and businesses
- Host a yearly public safety luncheon and awards ceremony
- Fundraise for officer appreciation and other recognition events
WHY IT MATTERS
Good relationships between law enforcement and the public are key to healthy neighborhoods. As DTLA continues to grow, it is important that we work together to adjust to the increases in businesses, visitors, and the variety of people who call Downtown home. Our goal is working to strengthen the rapport between the Downtown community and Central Division through events, while simultaneously giving back to our community. We recognize that with so much tension and unrest over the past year, our service is more vital than ever.